turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is my Nebraska State Income Tax showing that its Not Complete, even though I went through the steps to complete it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is my Nebraska State Income Tax showing that its Not Complete, even though I went through the steps to complete it?

Many state forms are not yet available, and the states are not yet accepting e-filed returns.

The IRS will start processing returns on January 23, 2017.  Until then, any returns that have been e-filed will sit there on the server.  Please be sure you really have all the information needed to file your return, such as your W-2 (NOT your last pay stub) or 1099’s, healthcare forms, etc.  Employers and financial institutions have until January 31 to issue W-2’s, 1099’s, 1098’s, etc.In some instances, they will not even be sent until sometime in February.  Some state forms are not yet available, which is yet another reason to be patient and wait awhile to file.  Filing too early and discovering you have errors and omissions will cause you more aggravation than having to wait.  If you are seeking the Earned Income Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit, the IRS will not issue your refund before February 15, 2017, which means it cannot arrive in your account before February 27, 2017 or later.

For the availability of forms for state returns, see this:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908857-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-state-except-busines...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Many state forms are not yet available, and the states are not yet accepting e-filed returns.

The IRS will start processing returns on January 23, 2017.  Until then, any returns that have been e-filed will sit there on the server.  Please be sure you really have all the information needed to file your return, such as your W-2 (NOT your last pay stub) or 1099’s, healthcare forms, etc.  Employers and financial institutions have until January 31 to issue W-2’s, 1099’s, 1098’s, etc.In some instances, they will not even be sent until sometime in February.  Some state forms are not yet available, which is yet another reason to be patient and wait awhile to file.  Filing too early and discovering you have errors and omissions will cause you more aggravation than having to wait.  If you are seeking the Earned Income Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit, the IRS will not issue your refund before February 15, 2017, which means it cannot arrive in your account before February 27, 2017 or later.

For the availability of forms for state returns, see this:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908857-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-state-except-busines...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Manage cookies