Solved: Why is my income from colorado showing up on my Minnesota return? I have completed CO state return for my income and MN state return for my husband's

Why is my income from colorado showing up on my Minnesota return? I have completed CO state return for my income and MN state return for my husband's

My income is being double stated between the CO return and the MN return.

Your domicile state (MN) can tax ALL your income, regardless of where you earn it.  Other states (CO in your case) can tax you as a non-resident for income earned by physically working within their borders.  But you'll normally be able to take a credit on your home state's return for taxes paid to the non-resident state, so you won't be double-taxed.

This FAQ explains how to file a non-resident state return in TurboTax:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901271-how-do-i-file-a-nonresident-state-return

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

In what state is your domicile (your permanent residence)?

Minnesota