mikecostello161

Why does turbo tax ask if i want to efile a nj return when i don't have one i live in NC now

I am a full year resident of North Carolina and have downloaded that state return and have filled it out.

Kadian

It sounds as though you may have accidentally added the NJ State into your return, follow the below instructions to delete it. 

Kadian

mikecostello161

This answer did not help. When I try to complete my state taxes, I get a popup saying I have to complete a purchase order for NJ State. I don't need NJ State . Also that portion of the software is saying we were a part year resident in NJ and in NC. All input forms correctly show we were Full Year Residents in NC only. I need help getting this resolved in order to complete my taxes.
Kadian

Go back to the Personal Info section (click on the Personal Info tab), click on edit next to your name, verify that you did not answer "yes" to the question "...Lived in another state in 2016"... You may have accidentally answered yes to this question and that's where TurboTax is getting the information from.