briandavidpowers

Why did California lower my refund?

I got a letter stating the reason as KC: You made an error when you subtracted your Total Special Credits from your net tax. I did not make an error doing this calculation after I reviewed my taxes. I cannot get through to them because their phone line says they are too busy to take calls and I can't talk to turbotax because I don't have the deluxe edition.

briandavidpowers

Why did California lower my refund?

The CA tax board phone number finally allowed me to join the queue and the agent checked my info and approved a check for the renter's credit. Weird how quick it was but the problem is solved.

AmyC

Why did California lower my refund?

Please submit your notification to our Accuracy Guarantee Department. They will talk to you after the submission.

You are not being audited but you may like this link, Turbo Tax Audit Support Center.

briandavidpowers

Why did California lower my refund?