turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jacob5575

Why can I not file until February 3rd?

I want to go ahead and get my Federal and State taxes filed, but it continues to give me an error stating that I cannot file until February 3rd. I live in GA and it states that they are not accepting returns until then, but why can I not just file my federal? This is frustrating. I know plenty of individuals around me who have already filed but I cannot. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Your federal return may have a form that is not ready to electronically file yet. 

Please see the attached to see the scheduled release dates for all of the federal forms within TurboTax.

Forms release dates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wondergem

It was explained to me that Turbo Tax will not let customers efile their returns if they have a Georgia state return because they are not saving your tax information and submitting it automatically for you like they have in previous years. Therefore you have to wait until Georgia is accepting returns as well. I was told the fix is filing your federal first and then your state(s) later, or you can just chose another company. A friend of mine went and got their taxes done and they efiled everything and the company said they had no problem submitting the other returns and holding onto Georgia until their season opened.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies