tennah

While getting a divorce I moved from AZ to CA but filed jointly in AZ 2016. I did not reside or work in AZ at any time during the year 2016 yet it keeps telling me I have to file in AZ as well as CA. What up with this bs?

I should only have to pay for the state that I resided or worked in which was CA and NOT AZ

Anita01

You would need to start a new account and not transfer from the prior year.  You would then fill in only your own information and not enter anything about AZ.

Anita01

tennah

Makes total sense.  Wish I thought of that last night.  Pretty simple solution.  Thank so much.