WSO

Where Enter Maryland K-1 Non Resident K-1 Income?

My Maryland (LLC) K-1 has a Partners LLC Members Income section which shows a loss characterized as a "pro rata share allocable to Maryland (Nonresidents/Residents)"   Where do I enter this??   Most of the other TT state returns have a column to enter Partners/Rental income/loss, but Mary TT does NOT??

martinmarks

If you have the installed Turbotax there should be forms view.

WSO

Yes in Maryland Form 505 line 10 is rental income/loss.  But Turbo Tax is not using that form correctly. Nor does the TT interview have the correct fields to enter the MD K-1 data correctly. 

My MD Non Resident K-1 Has 3 entries

Part A   Members Income  -$1000 loss

Part B   Additions  -   $900  Net decoupling modification from another PTE

Part C  Subtractions - Nothing Entered on my K-1

If I go to Form 505 line I can only enter a value on line 10 rental/income in the Maryland income/loss column by using OVERRIDE.  But if I enter my loss there Turbo Tax does not count this $1000 loss to offset the Addition above.

The Turbo Tax INTERVIEW process is deficient/broken as well:

There is no page to enter a member's MARYLAND K-1 income/loss

For Additions, the interview additions page simply says "Add Additions from K-1".  But if I do so and then look at the TT Additions worksheet where value is added, that worksheet NonResident form clearly says next to this line "only for additions that are NOT attributable to decoupling"  So TT added it in the wrong place or wrongly told me to add it at all (which one I'm not sure). 

I can get my loss to offset the addition above if I include my loss as a SUBTRACTION to K-1 in the interview process, but my K-1 doesn't actually show a subtraction