turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JDM53

I paid estimated state and county taxes in Indiana, it lets me pick my state in the drop down box but not my county in the county taxes, are they deductable?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyT

I paid estimated state and county taxes in Indiana, it lets me pick my state in the drop down box but not my county in the county taxes, are they deductable?

When you enter your Indiana estimated tax payments, you will enter the full amount that you paid (both state and county).  

The full amount of the estimates that you paid will then be shown as a payment against your total state and county taxes, so you are receiving credit for the county tax payments.  You are just not listing them as a separate payment.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmyT

When you enter your Indiana estimated tax payments, you will enter the full amount that you paid (both state and county).  

The full amount of the estimates that you paid will then be shown as a payment against your total state and county taxes, so you are receiving credit for the county tax payments.  You are just not listing them as a separate payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies