turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will my Illinois taxes be filed?

I filed my Illinois taxes with my federal but it only says "started". what does that mean?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Illinois

The forms were updated recently...but "something" might have to be re-set in your Illinois tax return. ............(There are still a couple IL state forms that will not be ready until after 9 Feb, but there's no way for us to know if you actually need them in your IL tax return. )

IF you've already filed your Federal forms, without filing the state......then, only AFTER the Federal e-file response from the IRS is already "Accepted" (Not just transmitted), then you can get back into your file using the "Add A State" selection.  (get to the screen somewhat like picture 1)

Once inside, you go thru your entire state interview again, from start-to-finish  (Picture 2), to make sure all is entered properly, then the error checks on your state tax return. 

1) IF your final IL error check comes thru clean, then you can now go thru the filing section again to transmit your IL state tax return. (Before filing IL, at this point...is the IL refund back to what you thought it was previously?)

2)  However....IF your IL error check still says that a certain IL form is not available  (Sched 1299-C or Sched IL-4562, or a couple state Schedule K-1's) , then you will have to wait until after 9 Feb to come back and finish (wait until 10 Feb, no promises though, there could be more problems with them)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Wait several days after your Federal says "Accepted" first before doing anything

BUT...The term "started" suggests you may not have actually filed your IL taxes:

Illinois

The forms were updated recently...but "something" might have to be re-set in your Illinois tax return. ............(There are still a couple IL state forms that will not be ready until after 9 Feb, but there's no way for us to know if you actually need them in your IL tax return. )

IF you've already filed your Federal forms, without filing the state......then, only AFTER the Federal e-file response from the IRS is already "Accepted" (Not just transmitted), then you can get back into your file using the "Add A State" selection.  (get to the screen somewhat like picture 1)

Once inside, you go thru your entire state interview again, from start-to-finish  (Picture 2), to make sure all is entered properly, then the error checks on your state tax return. 

1) IF your final IL error check comes thru clean, then you can now go thru the filing section again to transmit your IL state tax return. (Before filing IL, at this point...is the IL refund back to what you thought it was previously?)

2)  However....IF your IL error check still says that a certain IL form is not available  (Sched 1299-C or Sched IL-4562, or a couple state Schedule K-1's) , then you will have to wait until after 9 Feb to come back and finish (wait until 10 Feb, no promises though, there could be more problems with them)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
norman1822
Returning Member

I'm still getting the message il-form is not ready. Do we have an update when this will be completed?
Thank you

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can monitor the forms availability date here

If you need additional assistance, please let us know. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies