turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

qianyiwen

What information on CA schedule k-1 (568) should be used on California individual tax return (540)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What information on CA schedule k-1 (568) should be used on California individual tax return (540)?

Normally,  it works like this: You enter the Federal K-1 in the Federal taxes tab. Then, when you get to the State return, the program asks you if you got a State K-1, and then guides you through the process. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

Do you have a matching federal 1065 K-1?

Yes, I have.

Normally,  it works like this: You enter the Federal K-1 in the Federal taxes tab. Then, when you get to the State return, the program asks you if you got a State K-1, and then guides you through the process. 

TerryA
Intuit Alumni

In TT/Calif, use the partnership K-1 worksheet to enter any Calif amount that is different from the corresponding federal amount. If all the amounts are the same for Calif then you don't have to do anything.

I was request to file an individual tax return for 2013 from California franchise tax board, since the board has got the partnership return but not the partner's individual one. I did not have any other income source so I left the tax return undone in 2013. Can I file back my 2013 personal tax return online using Turbotax products? And which product is best for me (married filing separately, some bank interest income, no w-2, be a partner in a partnership, no other investments, no rental income, etc) ?

TT is absolute garbage if you have a CA schedule K-1.  They shouldn't be charging $45 for a CA download when the ability to input a CA K-1 and prepare my CA individual return is impossible.  I hate TT.

I have the same problem. TT just has 2 columns (Federal and California), but my California K-1 (568) form has 4 columns (b), (c), (d) and (e). I don't know which one to use (is it the adjustments, or the Federal amount using California Law or the California Source Amounts?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies