turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What info do I enter from K-1 schedules for California return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

TT/Calif has K-1 input worksheets that are created by the presence of the corresponding federal K-1s. If the Calif K-1s have amounts in column (d) (Calif total amount) that are different from the federal amounts in column (a) (federal amount) then you should enter the Calif column (d) amount so that the adjustment can be made in the Calif return.

After completing your federal return, In TT/Calif you will be offered a Schedule K-1 Summary screen where you can edit the Calif K-1 if entries are needed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

TT/Calif has K-1 input worksheets that are created by the presence of the corresponding federal K-1s. If the Calif K-1s have amounts in column (d) (Calif total amount) that are different from the federal amounts in column (a) (federal amount) then you should enter the Calif column (d) amount so that the adjustment can be made in the Calif return.

After completing your federal return, In TT/Calif you will be offered a Schedule K-1 Summary screen where you can edit the Calif K-1 if entries are needed.

Where are these CA K-1 input worksheets?  I have been over the CA step by step several times and no where could I find anywhere to input the CA differences.  Why do you not make the states as easy as the fed?  Please advise.

In 2019 TT Business version, it does not ask for one to enter CA adjustments anymore.   In FORM view, there is no K-1 form in CA only in Fed section .   Since My 1065 K1 are passive income, and 2019 TT Biz version no longer generate Form 3801, so do I make changes on schedule E , p2?   In 2018 TT Biz, it generates 3801 for state and f8582 plus worksheets for federal.   new 2019 TT Biz version seems to have eliminate those detail...so does that mean, CA is compliant to federal law re handling of passive income and no adjustment is needed?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies