turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

clljones1
Returning Member

TurboTax tax is not subtracting dividends from U.S. obligations from my federal taxable income. Why not, and how do I fix it?

For two 1099-DIVs, I answer YES to the question Are any of these dividends interest from U.S. government obligations, and enter the amounts.  Yet the amounts never appear anywhere on a form or worksheet, and all of my dividend income is included in federal taxable income.  I need to know how to make this right!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax tax is not subtracting dividends from U.S. obligations from my federal taxable income. Why not, and how do I fix it?

...that only affects state taxes (if you live in an income-taxing state). 

For Federal taxes, all Federal obligation interest is still federally taxable.....it doesn't get taxed by the state.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

...that only affects state taxes (if you live in an income-taxing state). 

For Federal taxes, all Federal obligation interest is still federally taxable.....it doesn't get taxed by the state.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies