turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anon3

Turbotax did not include a credit in my 2017 NY state return for non-resident withholding taxes I paid to Illinois (even though filed IL through Turbotax). How to fix?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Turbotax did not include a credit in my 2017 NY state return for non-resident withholding taxes I paid to Illinois (even though filed IL through Turbotax). How to fix?

You do not get to deduct all the withholding ... only the taxes paid to IL on the 2017 return. If you had completed the non resident state first then the program would have moved that amount automatically.  If you didn't then you will need to amend the state return.
Anon3

Tks.  The IL taxes were paid before filing and I filed IL and NY at the same time.  In any case, Turbotax won't let me amend NY to reflect the IL taxes paid (the info is already in the program but not on my 2017 NY state return for some reason).  2018 reflected it correctly, which is how I noticed the error in 2017.

Interesting ... when you click on the Amend choice and start the amendment process will the program not let you click on the state tab to amend the NY return ? 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies