efine

TurboTax Deluxe: I live in Virginia, and in previous years TurboTax asked me about Political Contributions to state and local candidates Not This Year!! Help.

VA gives a tax credit of up to $50 for contributions to state/local candidates. That question does not appear in the VA state return section.

CarolynM

The credit has expired. According to Virginia law, this credit was for contributions made between January 1, 2000- December 31, 2016. TurboTax did not ask because it is no longer available. 

For more information, follow this link: VA Political Contribution Credit 

CarolynM