UpACreek

Turbotax Business error check thwarts filing of Texas Franchise Tax return for pass-through entity

Our LLC is in Texas.  While the pass-through income is reported on Form 1040-Schedule C, we still need to prepare the Texas corporate return (Franchise Tax).  When I try to file only the TX return, the Turbotax error check insists on reviewing the Federal return as well, and blocks the TX e-filing due to missing info on the Federal side. I cannot mail the TX return.  It must be e-filed in my situation.  What can I do, short of slogging through an unneeded federal return to fool the software? 

tagteam

@UpACreek wrote:

What can I do, short of slogging through an unneeded federal return to fool the software? 

You can either slog through an unneeded federal return or use Texas eSystems.

See https://security.app.cpa.state.tx.us/

UpACreek

lol.  That'll do!  Thanks.