ashishturbo15

Till 06/16 I am part year MA resident, from 06/16 that I am resident of WA. My wife is full year MA resident. Since WA is a no state tax, can we file joint MA too?

TT has removed my WA income and puts me  my  part year MA residency. MA return has not removed IRA & Roth distributions from income, but this can be removed  manually by override.

DianeW

No.  Married Taxpayers with Different Tax Years:

If taxpayers are married as of the last day of the year but have a Massachusetts residency tax year that begins and ends on different days, they must file married filing separately assuming each spouse has a requirement to file.

Example: Husband, a Massachusetts resident, and wife, a New Hampshire resident, both work in Massachusetts.  After they were married in June, 2013, the husband moved to New Hampshire to be with his wife. Taxpayers cannot file a joint return because their nonresident tax years are different. The wife lived in New Hampshire the entire year while the husband only lived there for 6 months.

You must file married filing separately on the Massachusetts return.  For more information you can use this link if you like.

DianeW