turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

imboston

Filing in 2 states, where I work and where I live -- no partial years. "All states" income is showing 2X what I actually earned?? Seems an error?

shouldn't "All states" field value match my Fed Earnings/w2 amount and not double that?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Filing in 2 states, where I work and where I live -- no partial years. "All states" income is showing 2X what I actually earned?? Seems an error?

This is not a question we can answer on this forum because we can't tell what you're looking at, how you have entered your W-2s, whether you 've gone through each of the state programs fully, or if you've allocated double-taxed income for the related credit.  You need someone who can look at your tax return with you and that requires a phone call to Support.  Please start here to be given the correct telephone number.

How do I contact you?

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Start by signing in to your account (if you aren't already). Why do I need to sign in?
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question, and then:
    • Post it to our community of experts; or
    • Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

This is not a question we can answer on this forum because we can't tell what you're looking at, how you have entered your W-2s, whether you 've gone through each of the state programs fully, or if you've allocated double-taxed income for the related credit.  You need someone who can look at your tax return with you and that requires a phone call to Support.  Please start here to be given the correct telephone number.

How do I contact you?

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Start by signing in to your account (if you aren't already). Why do I need to sign in?
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question, and then:
    • Post it to our community of experts; or
    • Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies