turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

koleka12

This is my first time filing taxes in the state of Florida - I still have my Illinois drivers license, and I do not have an Florida ID. Do I need to do anything?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first time filing taxes in the state of Florida - I still have my Illinois drivers license, and I do not have an Florida ID. Do I need to do anything?

If you do not have a business or rental real estate with assets in Florida, you do not need to prepare or file the Florida return in TurboTax.

You should be presented with an opportunity to skip the Florida tangible personal property tax return if you have no tangible personal property to report. 

If you lived part of the year in Illinois, you may need to file a part-year return with that state.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do not have a business or rental real estate with assets in Florida, you do not need to prepare or file the Florida return in TurboTax.

You should be presented with an opportunity to skip the Florida tangible personal property tax return if you have no tangible personal property to report. 

If you lived part of the year in Illinois, you may need to file a part-year return with that state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies