Solved: The only income I have for 2018 is IHSS for caring for a family member and I live in California no taxes were taken out I don’t know why but when I get a refund

The only income I have for 2018 is IHSS for caring for a family member and I live in California no taxes were taken out I don’t know why but when I get a refund

That is considered non taxable income so you should not get any tax reporting forms ... thus you will have no need to file an income tax return and so no refund to be recieved.

I agree.  Because that income is exempt from taxes, it is as if you have no income at all (for Federal income tax purposes).  With $0 of income, there won't be a refund on your Federal tax return.