Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

spotsfarm

I can't find a record that I paid my state tax this year. The Maine website addresses refunds only. How can I be sure it's been paid?

I don't see that it's been paid out of my checking acct nor have I gotten a notice. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DeniseF2

I can't find a record that I paid my state tax this year. The Maine website addresses refunds only. How can I be sure it's been paid?

The first thing you have to do is to make sure your Maine return was accepted by the taxing authority. Go back into your TurboTax account and verify that your return was accepted. If it has been accepted look on your filing instructions to see how you chose to pay your balance due. You will see your bank account information and date you selected for payment. Verify that the bank account you entered is correct. If all of the information is correct then sit back and wait. Sometimes the state agencies get behind in their processing of returns. If your bank account information is not correct then the state will be unable to deduct your taxes from your bank account. If this is the case you should be able to go to the Maine website and make your payment directly on their website. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DeniseF2

The first thing you have to do is to make sure your Maine return was accepted by the taxing authority. Go back into your TurboTax account and verify that your return was accepted. If it has been accepted look on your filing instructions to see how you chose to pay your balance due. You will see your bank account information and date you selected for payment. Verify that the bank account you entered is correct. If all of the information is correct then sit back and wait. Sometimes the state agencies get behind in their processing of returns. If your bank account information is not correct then the state will be unable to deduct your taxes from your bank account. If this is the case you should be able to go to the Maine website and make your payment directly on their website. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies