The entry for Long Term Care Insurance Premiums under New York State Taxes allows no entry for individuals. How do I enter the amount I paid as an individual?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

The entry for Long Term Care Insurance Premiums under New York State Taxes allows no entry for individuals. How do I enter the amount I paid as an individual?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 14

Enter your Long Term Care Insurance Premiums on the federal return under medical expenses, and it will flow to the NY return, on Form IT-249, Claim for Long-Term Care Insurance Credit.

To enter your medical expenses in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal Taxes > Deductions & Credits 
  2. In the Medical section, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Medical Expenses
  3. If you haven't yet entered any medical expenses, TurboTax will ask you if your total medical expenses exceed a certain number. Click the blue Yes box and continue through the interview, entering the requested information on your medical expenses, including LTC premium.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privacy Settings