I did my Ohio taxes on Ohio.gov so I could efile for free.TurboTax and Ohio.gov gave different tax amounts. TT will transfer it's info to 2019 taxes, it will be wrong.

TurboTax calculated my Ohio tax due as $113 and Ohio.gov calculated my tax due as $110.  The amounts entered were exactly the same except for the tax liability and payments.  I e-filed for free at Ohio.gov paying the $110 due. I printed both the Ohio.gov and TurboTax forms and worksheets. But will Turbo Tax transfer the $113 to 2019 TurboTax taxes?  I used TurboTax to calculate my Estimated and also to know amount and where to put the items transferred from the Federal. The system is not the same, nor the questions. I've made notes  to check next year. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Hal_Al

The balance due  paid ($110) on your 2018 tax return is irrelevant to your 2019 return, so nothing will transfer next year.

Hal_Al

schuldjim

Thanks...I was hoping it would be irrelevant.