turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dylan2

What is our move date to NYC? We moved to NYC on July 10, 2018. Apartment lease in NYC started on 06/25/18, but we still had an apartment in Texas thru end of 07/2018.

New driver's license happened around middle of July 2018. I believe our move date is July 10, 2018 when we flew to NYC and considered NYC our new home. This question is for purposes of state income taxes.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

What is our move date to NYC? We moved to NYC on July 10, 2018. Apartment lease in NYC started on 06/25/18, but we still had an apartment in Texas thru end of 07/2018.

I would count the move date as July 10, 2018, since that is the date when you were physically present and living in New York City. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

I would count the move date as July 10, 2018, since that is the date when you were physically present and living in New York City. 

dylan2

Thank you! That is what I thought, but just wanted to make sure! It makes a difference for income received before July 10, 2018 when I wasn't living in NYC yet. I shouldn't have to pay NY state income taxes on income that I got before the move date.
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

You're welcome!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies