turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Tax Topic 203 Is Showing What Does That Means ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

63 Replies
FaithY
Expert Alumni

You may have a refund offset, or you may have selected the Refund Processing Service (also called pay-with-your-refund) gives you the option to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal tax refund.

A refund offset is when an IRS refund is reduced or intercepted to pay off delinquent debt, such as past-due child support, outstanding student loans, or unpaid state income tax.

You'll get an explanatory letter from the Bureau of the Fiscal Service if your refund is offset. The remainder of your refund will be processed as usual; an offset shouldn't delay it, unless of course your entire refund was applied to your debt.

More info about refund offsets, including contact info and the appeals process, is on IRS.gov (Tax Topic 203).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288510

eanne1987

Does this still hold true- I have elected to have TurboTax take fees out of my federal return but have a 203 code on WMR- no debts or offsets or anything on transcripts so I am confused.

I also chose to have fees deducted from my refund. I have the same 203 code on my WMR. I would think there would be an offset code in the transcripts, and there isn’t so I’m thinking it’s becuse of the fees.

I also have a 203 code and called number and owe no debts, but I have also choosen to have my fees deducted from my refund.. this is fustrating.. please help

I have no offsets. I did check a few forums, and this seems to be the issue. I agree very misleading.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.google.com/amp/s/ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4438156-tax-topic-203-is-showing-what-does-th...>

@nic0831 and @eanne1987 did you ever receive your DDD? Was it because of the fees?

I got the same 203 topic with a ddd of 2/27

U will not get ur refund..  on the date of ur DDD ur status will say ur refund was taken

203 still means partial refund 151 is when they take your whole refund. I myself talked with the IRS on Thursday even though I have the 203 the agent said I had no offsets everyone has it that had used turbo tax and had the fees taken.

I had also spoke to irs and the fiscal place and both said I had no offsets. I have code 203 with a deposit date of 2/22 and on 2/22 it says ur whole refund was taken..even though tax topic 203 said part of my refund

The IRS stole $36,000 from my last 6 years I only owed $6,000 to Doe they don't pay the offset. I talked to them on Thursday the IRS man said my refund was coming.

Well good luck and I hope u get it.. but just know the irs people say anything cause I was told all the same.. the only way u get anything is if u are not defulted on your payment and have been on a payment plan at least 6 months before u did ur taxes.. best of luck though.

Wmr says my refund was to be deposited on june 26th it says its been sent but got tax topic 203 i opted to pay turbo tax out of my refund am i getting it soon? Never got a letter

It says direct deposit but irs said when i called a cpl weeks ago they were sending a check so why do it say direct deposit
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies