turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State taxes

So I have already filled my federal and state taxes, but i have only received my federal tax, but no state taxes.. i believe i was supposed to been get it and I need it due to recent unemployment... when should i be receiving it.. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

State taxes

Some states (like MO, CO, LA, WV, GA, and others) can take a long time processing returns--even several weeks--as they crack down on detecting fraudulent returns.

You need to first check to be sure that your state return was successfully filed.   

If you efiled, what do you see when you check with this tool?   Was your state return accepted?
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

Also when you log back into your online account, at the Tax Home what is shown for "Return status" of the state return--accepted, rejected, printed, ready to mail, or what?

If those methods showed that your efiled state return was accepted, or if you printed and mailed the return, the FAQ below tells how to check on a state refund.

TIP:   While you're at your state's tax website, also look for a statement or FAQ that may say about how long it takes to get a refund in your state and how to long to wait before phoning them.

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies