State tax rejected

State tax rejected

How can I find out why my state taxes were rejected?

And how do I fix the problem ASAP.

State tax rejected

The email you received from TurboTax for the state tax return rejection should have a rejection code and message for why the state return was rejected.  What is the message in the email?

State tax rejected

I believe i deleted the message is there any other way to retrieve it

State tax rejected

If the email was deleted there is no way to resend the email.

You can go back through the state return to see if you can find where there could have been a problem that needs to be corrected.  If nothing presents itself, then just e-file the state tax return again and wait for the email from TurboTax to indicate whether the return was either Accepted or Rejected.  If rejected, then the message should tell you what is wrong.

State tax rejected

I have the same issue.   Fed Tax Return was accepted, State Tax Return was not accepted.    What is going on?   Shouldn't this be the same as if I had mailed the return in?     I have received ZERO communications from TurboTax other than to say by email results are pending.   Always a few mins later I get a phone text, not email, saying CA return was rejected.    But I have already paid for CA efiling.    And TurboTax does not provide any reference code to tell me why there is no acceptance.    All I have done for several times over is re-efile the state return.

State tax rejected

Then you will have to print and mail the state tax return, instead of e-filing.  If you are using the desktop editions then change your method of filing in the File section of the program to File by mail

You can get a refund or a reverse of the credit card of the e-file charge from TurboTax support.

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours. If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

State tax rejected

If I  file by mail, then I should get a refund of the money spent on the state e-Filing.    $25.     Is there a process in place to ensure users get properly credited for the failed e-filing?

State tax rejected

@Medesse wrote:

Yes, I gave you the information on how to contact TurboTax support for getting a refund of the $24.99 e-file charge.

State tax rejected

Look in the 'Trash' bin on your email. It should still be there.