turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State tax filing money deduction

Hi,

I filed my state taxes through Turbo Tax and it was accepted yesterday. There is a due from my side to the state which I was thinking would be deducted from my account. I still don't see the amount being deducted yet. So, do I have pay it at some other place or is it in the process of being deducted from my account. Also, if gets deducted, would it also calculate the late payment charges.

Appreciate any help I could get here. thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You do not say what state.    And your return just got accepted yesterday according to you.    Give the state a little time to actually process your return and then check your account for the debit.    You should know that many states do not do direct debits to pay your state tax due----most states want to be paid by check or money order or want to be paid on their own web sites.   Read the print out that is part of your pdf to see what it says about how you are paying your state tax due.   If the state imposes late fees or penalties for being late you will hear from the state.   TurboTax does not calculate late penalties.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@xmasbaby0  thanks for the quick and detailed response. It is Colorado state filing.

Greatly appreciate your time and help!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies