same issue here.
I lived and worked in two states and for some reason my state income taxes that I already paid are not showing up and there is no place for me to add them. This is obviously leaving me with a huge amount owed, which is incorrect. Come on Turbo Tax, fix this issue so we can file our state taxes
The tax withheld for each state that you worked in would be reported on your W2, Box 17 (State Income Tax Withheld). After this is inputted on the federal W-2 screens, it will flow to both of your state returns.
The first thing you want to do is make sure you've filled out the Personal Info section correctly:
- With your return open, select My Info in the left-hand menu.
- Then, on the Personal info summary screen, please make sure your resident state as of December 31, 2020 listed under your name is correct.
- Then, scroll down to Other State Income, and select Edit.
- At the Did you make money in any other states? question, answer Yes and make sure your other part-year resident state is selected from the drop-down.
- Select Continue to return to your Personal info summary.
- Click on State on the left hand side.
- Add the your second state as a part-year resident.
- Follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
The most common timeframe for the IRS to release refunds is within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return has been accepted
(received this year starting February 12th), not 21 days from the e-filing date.
Please refer to the page below for more details.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"