Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kellymikels
Returning Member

State Download

It says I have downloaded the state I live in, yet it's on a continuous loop saying update and then it says it is up to date. This keeps happening and I can't get into my state taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

State Download

"Business" ?  or "Home & Business"  ?

First, shut down TTX and then check for any waiting Windows updates...finish installing and reboot your computer  (reboot anyhow in any case).

Then try again.

Still a no-go.    IF you are actually using "Home & Business"  Downlead and install the Manual Update (the update takes some time) and see what happens after that:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

If you actually were using "Business" their manual update is here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-business-software/00/25794

One of those shoudl do it...but I also have another alternate...but do those first.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
kellymikels
Returning Member

State Download

Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried all of those things and it still won't let me get into my state taxes. Keeps having me update, says it updated and my state tax for Indiana is downloaded, but when I click on it the cycle starts all over.

State Download

OK..another thing then:

For any Windows system.......TTX should only be installed and run as an Administrator.....not in some guest account without administrator privileges...but it's hard to know each person's exact setup.

But even if you did that already, there is an internal setting that sometimes needs to be implemented also.

So...Save your tax file and Exit TurboTax....then:

1)  right click TurboTax 2019 icon

2)  Select  … Properties

3)  Select the  Compatibility tab

4) In the "Settings" box … check the box to "Run this program as an administrator"

5) Apply...OK...then restart the program and try again

Still won't work......then Customer Support on the phone

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
kellymikels
Returning Member

State Download

Thanks for all your help. 

State Download

For what it is worth, this seems to be a common problem this year, which TurboTax support doesn't seem to acknowledge or understand yet.  There are about a half dozen forum posts, or more, with this same problem.  

I went through about a week dealing with the social media support folks (I wasn't around with my PC to phone in).  I forceably uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times.

But, you shouldn't do any of that. 

Call turbotax support, and they will screenshare with you, and you show them that it is stuck.  Ask if there is a standalone download of your state -- which they can add to your account, and you download from "my downloads".  The download took about 10 seconds, and installed in under a minute, and then I was able to continue with my return.

In case any TTAX software technical folks care to try to actually fix this problem:

Though no error is shown to the user, there IS an error logged in 

C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\TurboTax\TY19\ErrorLog\TTWin.A5830904-[somedate].log

In that file, I see the following error code

2020-01-25 15:12:05,357 [1] 2019.41.14.207 ERROR Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service -
   TaxReturnStates::AddStateToReturn threw exception starting/editing S2019ZCA
   Unknown Group Template Id: S2019ZCA; ServiceName=TaxDataModel; ServiceOperation=CreateGroupCopy; ImplementationClass=ManagedFacade.TpsTaxDataModelServiceImpl
   Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.ServiceOperationException: Unknown Group Template Id: S2019ZCA; ServiceName=TaxDataModel; ServiceOperation=CreateGroupCopy; ImplementationClass=ManagedFacade.TpsTaxDataModelServiceImpl
   at ManagedFacade.TpsTaxDataModelServiceImpl.CreateGroupCopy(CreateGroupCopyContext context)
   at Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.TaxDataModel.TaxDataModelService.CreateGroupCopy(CreateGroupCopyContext context)
   at Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.TaxDataModel.TaxReturnStates.FindOrCreateGroupCopy(String formsetId)
   at Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.TaxDataModel.TaxReturnStates.AddStateToReturnByFormsetId(String formsetId)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies