turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

media604
Returning Member

On state my K-1 income subject to FICA it prompted me for how much was subject to FICA. I should have put 0. I have not filed yet. How do I change that line entry?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

On state my K-1 income subject to FICA it prompted me for how much was subject to FICA. I should have put 0. I have not filed yet. How do I change that line entry?

Sign in to your return and click on Take me to my return if you are not already in there.  Then, click on State (left side menu) and click on Revisit State or Edit next to the state return you need to make the change on.  You will need to click through all of the screens until you get back to that section and make the change.  The state returns, unfortunately, don't have menus to get to a certain place quickly, so you will have to go through the state return again to make the change.  

media604
Returning Member

I can't get back to the form to change it. During the review it asked me "how much of my K-1 income was subject to FICA and self employment taxes. It brought up a mini view of the form with a line number and letter by it and I should have entered a zero on that line but I didn't. I realized it later. I still have not filed my return yet with Turbo Tax, but I cannot get it to prompt me with that question again so that I can enter a zero. How do I do this?
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

If you are not getting the question in the interview, you can go back to federal portion and click through the K-1 screens (add or subtract $1 somewhere) so that when you go back through the state return, you get that question.  If the state review is not bringing it up, you may need to delete the state return and start it over.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900608">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900608</a>
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies