Solved: Should my son use his former NY address as resident address for federal and NY state taxes?

Should my son use his former NY address as resident address for federal and NY state taxes?

My son was a NY resident for 9 months of 2017, working full time.  He then gave up his residence and went to grad school full time in Canada.  What address should he use for federal and NY state taxes?

He should list his current address on his tax returns as he needs to be able to receive mail should the IRS and/or state revenue need to contact him.