Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

clig

Should I file a MD return even though I live&work in DC? I lived in MD in 2017, then moved back to DC and have lived here since. It is making me file a nonresident form.

I lived in MD for part of 2017, then moved back to DC in August 2017. I lived in DC for all of 2018, but it is making me file a Maryland nonresident form. I do not understand why, being that I live and work in DC. None of my income comes from Maryland.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

Should I file a MD return even though I live&work in DC? I lived in MD in 2017, then moved back to DC and have lived here since. It is making me file a nonresident form.

If your return information was transferred in from 2017, that is probably why the state return is being suggested. 

First, be sure that your personal information in the My Info section of your return is set up with DC as your resident state and that you lived there all year, plus marked that you do not make money in another state.

Second, below are steps to remove a state return in TurboTax online versions:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301384

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieCo

If your return information was transferred in from 2017, that is probably why the state return is being suggested. 

First, be sure that your personal information in the My Info section of your return is set up with DC as your resident state and that you lived there all year, plus marked that you do not make money in another state.

Second, below are steps to remove a state return in TurboTax online versions:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301384

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies