turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mscassie2007
Returning Member

45 Day Review.Filed 2/1.Rev started 2/14.Possible they issue the refund within the 45 days at any point?Haven't received a letter.I had a Ez Form,0 error, no Itemization

They have to give it to us if we filed a legitimate return, it's illegal for them to keep the money. They just going to make it hard. Several ppl have update on this other forum I am on. None that filed in Feb. Mostly ppl that filed at the end of January.

45 Day Review.Filed 2/1.Rev started 2/14.Possible they issue the refund within the 45 days at any point?Haven't received a letter.I had a Ez Form,0 error, no Itemization

I edited on 1/31, expected no issues this year. Was put on 45 day review, April 1st I called and they bumped me to April 16th. I called April 16th, and I was told not 45 but 60 Days... that 4/24 would be the day.

I called today, they took my phone number and wait 60 Days for someone to call me back. 

This is a joke. I’m done

Mine is up the 26th so I'm sure that's the answer I will get as well. What the hell? I did read that if they don't issue it by 45 days after the 15th that they owe us interest. But still. What the hell.
mscassie2007
Returning Member

Anybody get an update?

Not yet. Absolutely nothing. I have read they are just telling most people to wait longer.
mscassie2007
Returning Member

Same here next call with TA is on 5/7. Hoping for some good. My coworker mom works for the IRS and the mom said they are really behind. They should start pushing them out between now and June 2nd because they not trying to pay all that interest.

I don't have a hardship so I can't get a tax advocate. Which sucks. If they just sent me an update I would be fine.

FINALLY!!!!!I filed 2/1. My review started 3/12 as dated in my letter. Waited and looked at my transcripts Friday night and they updated with refund issued date 5-3-18. WMR updated yesterday morning ddd 5-3. I waited 86 days since the beginning. I didn't amend.

Omg that gives me hope. I know it has to come sometime. I filed 2/1 as well and got my letter on 2/28 but haven't gotten an update since.
mscassie2007
Returning Member

@shelgordon I got an advocate and still waiting. My advocate has been working my case since 3/12 and still no answers or resolution in sight.

@shelgordon All I can say love is be patient and I guess you can really look at that as a good thing if I were you I would not amend I heard amending your return can take several months to get back. And my letter was dated a 5-12 yours is a week later  so you haven't even gone past or 45 days from your letter yet give it another week! And yes they are telling a lot of people another 45 to 60 days but that's because it's just what they are supposed to say don't freak out. It's out of our control that's what I basically told myself I'm gonna live my life without my refund until I get it. And so yeah look at it as a good sign  because I waited 86 days !!

It'll come soon! By law it's our money.

You're fine. I am hoping it's soon, I read they have to pay interest 45 days past the 4/17 mark. So I bet they will come before then. Lol.

@shelgordon oh sheesh I read the date wrong!!   You are way over 45 days! But it'll come soon! It has too! Did you clam any credits?

I did claim eitc and the child. Also one education credit as I'm in college. I've read that could be the hold up too.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies