Solved: Sales tax deduction my program will not let me change to the larger deduction of state & Local Income tax, it keeps defaulting to estimated sales tax. HELP

prinzing-donovan

Sales tax deduction my program will not let me change to the larger deduction of state & Local Income tax, it keeps defaulting to estimated sales tax. HELP

How do I get the program to accept the larger deduction in Sales Tax.

My State & Local income tax is larger than the estimated state income tax, but the program keeps defaulting to the estimated state income tax. Help me solve my puzzle w Turbotax

MarilynG

In FORMS mode, look at your Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet (screenshot).

Sales Tax shows in 1b, and State and Local Income Tax shows in 1h. 

Click the Magnifying Glass to the left of this amount to drill down to State Tax Deductions and Tax Payment Worksheet to check or change an entry. 

In 1j, you can check the box for 'Greater Amount', although TurboTax should have that selected and has chosen the larger amount for you.

Here's more info:

MarilynG

Here's more info: