turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does turbo tax indicate i need to file AR state return if i didn't work or live in that state all year, but i filed taxes in AR 2 years ago. Jan 20, 02:01 PM

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Why does turbo tax indicate i need to file AR state return if i didn't work or live in that state all year, but i filed taxes in AR 2 years ago. Jan 20, 02:01 PM

Something from Arkansas may have transferred in.  If you do not need the Arkansas return for tax year 2019, you can delete it from the State starting screen.  Go through the My Info  (link is on left side menu) section to make sure you did not list Arkansas anywhere in that section for you or your spouse if applicable.    Then Click on State (also on left side menu) and click on Delete next to Arkansas if it it still there.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hah  😉

Same directions no matter which state...but:

AR= Arkansas

AK=Alaska

AZ = Arizona

AL = Alabama

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Thank you;) 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies