Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We live in FL, but my husband makes all of his money in GA and make all of my money in FL. How do I back my money OUT of the GA state return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

We live in FL, but my husband makes all of his money in GA and make all of my money in FL. How do I back my money OUT of the GA state return.

File a part-year GA return. Apportion dates and amounts to reflect where money was earned.

TomD8
Level 15

If you and your husband were FL residents for the entire tax year, you would file the GA return as non-residents, not as part-year residents.

In the My Info section of TurboTax, be sure to indicate that only your husband had out-of-state income.

When you complete the GA non-resident return, GA will tax only the GA-source income.

A part-year resident return is appropriate only if you moved into or out of GA during the tax year.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies