turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

VA STATE TAXES

I haven’t received my refund from the state but I got my federal. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

VA STATE TAXES

@KenzieWade08 wrote:

VA state taxes.  I haven’t received my refund from the state but I got my federal. 

There are over 40 state tax agencies, each doing its own thing.  Some states are fairly quick with refunds, while other states (such as WV, WI, NC, GA, LA, AL, and others) can take a long time processing returns--even several weeks--as they crack down on detecting fraudulent returns.  You may be able to get an idea about how long it takes in your state from the FAQs at your state's tax agency website as I will mention below.

First, if you efiled, be sure your efiled state return was accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, you can check by looking in your Online account at the Tax Home. 

Or did you choose to file by mail instead?  TurboTax does not mail it for you.  If you chose that method, you have to print, sign, date, and mail it.

The FAQ below tells how to check on a state refund and has a link for your state.

TIP:   While you're at your state's tax website, also look for a statement or FAQ that may say about how long it takes to get a refund in your state and how to long to wait before phoning the state tax agency.  Many states have such information on their websites.

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

VA STATE TAXES

@KenzieWade08 

I just now see at the VA state tax website that it takes up to 4 weeks for an efiled return and up to 8 weeks for a paper return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies