turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes paid to my state listed on 1099R does not carry over

Good Morning, I noticed that the taxes I paid to the state listed on my 1099R do not show up in my final review TB2019 Home Business?  Is this a TB error?  How to I get the dollars to show up in the total amount I paid in State Income tax?  Thank You

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

@dh2004 

1)   Edit your 1099-R and look at box 12 again on the actual software form , and that the correct state is in the first half of box 13.   That could be the problem (make sure all other boxes are correct too while you are at it.)  When done, make sure you step thru all of the followup pages (don't jump out), since some selections pertaining to that 1099-R will re-set every time you edit it.   Then check you State forms again.

2)  Still wrong?   Then Which State?....maybe you are looking at the wrong state line number.

....or...

3)  Update the software and look again?

...or...

4)  Last resort is Customer Support:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks SteamTrain.  You hit the nail on the head.  it is now fixed.  For some reason Tb put my taxes paid into state taxes received.  It is good now

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies