turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Credit in DE for Taxes paid to MD

I changed residency from MD to DE in the middle of the year. I am retired but my wife is still working in MD. I am filing out the DE form an the following information is requested:

Adjusted Gross Income from MD; MD income while a DE resident, Total Income of MD and Taxes Paid to MD.

What is the difference between Adjusted Gross Income from MD and MD Total Income of MD?

Do the reported taxes paid to MD include the 2.5% local amount?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I realize that I am answering my own question, but the answers became obvious when opening the Delaware return in the forms view in TurboTax and in filling in the DE form directly.

RachelW33
Expert Alumni

Even though you figured out the answer to your questions, I'm going to answer them here for the benefit of others in the same situation.

• Maryland Total Income: Your Adjusted Gross Income earned in Maryland less any adjustments taken on your federal return related to Maryland such as IRA deductions, Student Loan Interest, Educator Expenses, HSA contributions, SE Tax, Moving Expenses, Alimony paid, penalty on early withdrawal of savings, self-employed health insurance deduction and/or certain Form 2106 expenses.

• Maryland Taxes Paid: Both Maryland state and local taxes paid are included on the Delaware return to calculate the credit for income taxes paid to another state.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies