turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State has no record of taxes

Check status no record
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Did you efile the state?  Maybe you didn't finish filing it.  Was your state return Accepted?  Double check your efile status here

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup  

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say for state?

If it didn't go through you can try to efile it again or you will have to print and mail it.  Did you efile federal?  Was it Accepted?    

Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid 110.00 for your service to efile my NYS return. It did not go through as I just found out. There is no place to refile my return. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correction to my last. I paid 110.00 to file my State and Federal. Federal went through NYS didn't. This is your fault and I will contact the AG of NYS and filea complaint if I have to pay penalties...

If state wasn't efiled you can efile it again.

How to efile state after federal
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-e-file-my-state-after-i-already-filed-my-fede...

Or you can print and mail it.  Did you check if it was efiled and Accepted?  Maybe you efiled it but it rejected for something.  Check my link above.  Or was it your tax due payment that didn't get sent?  

@Anonymous wrote:

Correction to my last. I paid 110.00 to file my State and Federal. Federal went through NYS didn't. This is your fault and I will contact the AG of NYS and filea complaint if I have to pay penalties...

If you used the TurboTax online editions, there is no change to e-file a tax return, federal or state.  The TurboTax account fees are for the use of the software to assist you in completing your self-prepared tax return.  The account fees are the same whether a tax return is e-filed or printed and mailed.

Did you e-file your state tax return and was it accepted?

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.

To access your online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

What is the status of the 2020 state tax return?  If the status is anything other than Accepted you did Not e-file the state tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for e-filing a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online/01/26985

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies