turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Oklahoma Nonresident below the $1000 of income

I only have $62 of Oklahoma source income, yet TT Premier does not check the "Not Required to File" box on page 1 of form 511NR, and proceeds to calculate a tax of $1 by filling out lines19, 20, 40, and 44.

How do I force TT to check this box and complete the form correctly, as it does not appear to figure it out on it's own? Or am I missing something...

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Individuals are required to file if they received $1,000 or more Oklahoma-source gross income.  Since you only have $62 of OK sourced income, you can remove the state return so it does not get filed.  I had the same experience reporting less than $100 of income and was unable to put a checkmark in the box you referenced.   If you are using the Online software, you have to delete the state return.  

There is a box on the Oklahoma Information Worksheet that you can mark (if you are using the desktop software) to remove the $1 tax due.  If you put a checkmark on the last line of Part lV - Nonresident and do not have an Oklahoma filing requirement - Filing for a refund of state withholding, this will put a checkmark in the box on the 511NR and change the OK amount due to $0.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Individuals are required to file if they received $1,000 or more Oklahoma-source gross income.  Since you only have $62 of OK sourced income, you can remove the state return so it does not get filed.  I had the same experience reporting less than $100 of income and was unable to put a checkmark in the box you referenced.   If you are using the Online software, you have to delete the state return.  

There is a box on the Oklahoma Information Worksheet that you can mark (if you are using the desktop software) to remove the $1 tax due.  If you put a checkmark on the last line of Part lV - Nonresident and do not have an Oklahoma filing requirement - Filing for a refund of state withholding, this will put a checkmark in the box on the 511NR and change the OK amount due to $0.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies