Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It is currently telling me I am getting $0 Kentucky State taxes back. Please tell me what I need to do to get my Kentucky State taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It is currently telling me I am getting $0 Kentucky State taxes back. Please tell me what I need to do to get my Kentucky State taxes?

Unfortunately, we can't see your screen as this is a public forum.

I can offer some suggestions.

1. If you had W-2 wages, check boxes 15-17.  If you have amounts listed there, be sure to enter them in the Federal section under Income & Expenses, and then Job (Wages).
  2. Make sure you have entered any estimated tax payments you made during the year in the Deductions & Credits section.  You will find the estimated tax payments input under the section titled Estimates and Other Taxes Paid.

Once all of your withholdings and payments have been entered, TurboTax will determine your tax liability for your state and determine if you are getting a refund or if you have any tax due.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

...or at least explain why you think you should get them all back.

Do you live and work in KY? 

....or did you work in KY, but live in IA, IL, IN, MI, OH, VA, WV or WI and accidentally had KY taxes withheld? (this is an entirely different situation)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies