Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

clburbey

I should be getting an Oregon Kicker Credit of $902, but the amt on my OR refund has not increased, even after the final verification. When will I get this credit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

I should be getting an Oregon Kicker Credit of $902, but the amt on my OR refund has not increased, even after the final verification. When will I get this credit?

To be eligible for the Kicker credit, a taxpayer must:

• File his or her 2018 tax return before filing the 2019 return.

• Have an Oregon tax liability for 2018.

• File a 2019 Oregon tax return even if he or she does not otherwise have a filing requirement.

Amount 

For 2019, the kicker is 17.171% of the taxpayers 2018 total Oregon personal income tax liability.

To see if you received the Kicker, check line 34 of your OR-40.

Learn more here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

To be eligible for the Kicker credit, a taxpayer must:

• File his or her 2018 tax return before filing the 2019 return.

• Have an Oregon tax liability for 2018.

• File a 2019 Oregon tax return even if he or she does not otherwise have a filing requirement.

Amount 

For 2019, the kicker is 17.171% of the taxpayers 2018 total Oregon personal income tax liability.

To see if you received the Kicker, check line 34 of your OR-40.

Learn more here

Mine is doing the same thing--I had a total already in for my state return that I will be getting refunded. I filled out the Oregon Kicker info and It says I am eligible for "x" amount but the refund number didn't change at all.  Then when I added a carry-over credit from last year-it went right up to the top under the Oregon Kicker eligible number and my refund increased by that number but the Oregon Kicker is not being added in.  I don't understand??

JanieFaison
Returning Member

Same here! and there is no explanation or help. After Turbo Tax wildly overcharging for aeverything and bait and switch traps, its infuriating.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Do you not get the Oregon Kicker screen when you go through the state return in TurboTax or is TurboTax telling you that you don't qualify for the kicker credit?   @JanieFaison

You're eligible to claim the kicker if you filed a 2020 tax return and had tax due before credits.   Kicker details confirmed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies