turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kaloli

I'm getting a Hawaii state income tax refund but my records are not complete. Should I efile on time and amend later, or wait until I can get accounting help, then fie n accurate return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting a Hawaii state income tax refund but my records are not complete. Should I efile on time and amend later, or wait until I can get accounting help, then fie n accurate return?

don't know what you would be missing for 2019 since all reporting forms for you should have been issued by now.   if you're sure you're getting a state refund, I would wait to file.  the return is already late it was due 4/20/2020. what about your federal return? to e-file the state return the federal return must be e-filed. it was due 7/15/2020 with any payment.

Kaloli

Thanks so much.  I hav gottn pretty much the same general advice locally: Wait and file with the proper documentation. Te federal was efiled on time, but will need to be amended, also with the docs. Mahaloz

Kaloli

I meant to add: the deadliine for HI state income tax is tonight, July 20. (Extended due to Covid)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies