Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nickm81

I'm at the spot in State filing, where I'm being asked to "Enter the total amount of income derived from Missouri that is included in your Kansas adjusted gross income."

Where would I find this info? I live in Kansas, but my work place moved to Missouri. I have already completed Kansas and Missouri tax returns up to this point, but have not yet filed. Thank you!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I'm at the spot in State filing, where I'm being asked to "Enter the total amount of income derived from Missouri that is included in your Kansas adjusted gross income."

Since you live in Kansas, all of your income from Missouri would be included in your adjusted gross income reported on your Kansas return. So, it would be the total of your Missouri income, as reported in box 16 of your W-2 form in the row with initials "MO" in box 15.

You would also add any other income you earned in Missouri, from non-wage sources, if there was any.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Since you live in Kansas, all of your income from Missouri would be included in your adjusted gross income reported on your Kansas return. So, it would be the total of your Missouri income, as reported in box 16 of your W-2 form in the row with initials "MO" in box 15.

You would also add any other income you earned in Missouri, from non-wage sources, if there was any.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
nickm81

You are amazing, that fully answered my question. Thank you! 

That's all they had to put in the built-in Help for this step, might save some other folks a bit of time. Thanks again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies