Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I live in Washington State and cannot complete the form because Washington is not included in the drop-down menu for "Associated State" in regards to Box 20. Please fix?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

I live in Washington State and cannot complete the form because Washington is not included in the drop-down menu for "Associated State" in regards to Box 20. Please fix?

Did you auto-import your W-2?

It probably doesn't make sense to have an entry in box 20 in the state of Washington, and some other users have reported the auto-import process for the W-2 may have loaded garbage into boxes 18, 19, and 20.

If box 19 is blank, then you should blank out boxes 18 and 20.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

on the w-2 boxes 15- 20 should be blank because Washington State does not have an income tax.

Washington state does not have a personal or corporate income tax. However, people or businesses that engage in business in Washington are subject to business and occupation (B&O) and/or public utility tax. The business’s gross receipts determine the amount of tax they are required to pay. Businesses that make retail sales or provide retail services may be required to collect and submit retail sales tax (see Marketplace Fairness – Leveling the Playing Field).

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. Boxes 15-20 involve state income taxes only and does pertain to things like regulatory taxes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies