Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to complete my state tax return, but every time it says I have errors to correct on Schedule CA: Part II. My math is right, but it will not let me continue.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

30 Replies

I am trying to complete my state tax return, but every time it says I have errors to correct on Schedule CA: Part II. My math is right, but it will not let me continue.

Same issue - Hit transmit. Get message stating "We Need to Make One More Check" "Everything looks great...." "But before you file, we need a little more information that we didn't need earlier". Hit Continue and it requests checking "Schedule CA:  Part II, Line 10, Col B must equal line 9. (210)". You can't change it, as it came from the Fed. Hit continue. And now met with "Schedule CA:  Part II, Line 8e, Col A must equal the total of column A, line 8a, 8b, and line 8c. (180)". The problem here is TurboTax ignores 8d - Mortgage insurance premiums - in the calculation, so the formula fails. The form itself, on your screen, says "Add lines 8a through 8d", not stop at 8c. Someone at TurboTax dropped the ball on releasing this delayed form. Please FIX ASAP.

I'm having the same issue. Have you been able to file. It is correct for column B but wants line 9 to equal 10 but line 9 is 0. I have no investment interest. Then total for Column A is already correct but says it is not. It won't let me send it, it keeps going back to it. wtf? is there way to contact anybody?

TT messed up the implementation of the Schedule CA form.  They broke the math. Now we get to wait a week even though they were able to charge me @$20 today without issue. smh.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/schedule-ca-part-ii-lines-8e-and-10-errors-when-at...

Same!  If you go to the link that the user before me, you can sign up for notification of when the fix will be made.  This really stinks!

Same here.  Our federal return is completed, and Turbo Tax says that the California State return is finished and checked and everything is okay, but when we try to file it, it will not give me a copy to print, nor will it send the CA income tax in.  grrrrrrrrr.

Same problem with me. I tried getting help from TurboTax, but it was useless.

Problem is TurboTax already took my money, and now they can't solve their own math problem.

Same issue! Spent an hour on the phone with someone yesterday trying to get help only to be told “try again tomorrow”. But they had no problem charging me to efile even though I can’t efile! Super annoyed with TurboTax. 

I am having the same problem.  Turbo Tax should have a number for customers to call.  To make matters worse, I installed the same disk into my laptop and went through the whole process of paying $19. to e-file and yet it didn't tell me there was a problem until after I paid and was in the middle of transmitting my returns.  I had already paid once using my desk-top.  Both times it didn't warn me that there was an error on CA schedule II, line 10 and 9.  I have no idea how to get refunded for at least $19.  I can't continue with my taxes because I'm stuck.  I have no way of correcting that so-called mistake.  I agree, this is Turbo Taxe's software problem.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

For those who itemize on their CA return, CA itemizing issues.

For those having other CA issues:

Ca is really behind on releasing their forms. Turbo Tax uses drafts but cannot do anything until CA finalizes. You can check CA forms availability.

Please note that there are many CA forms that are unsupported for e-file this year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Will we receive a discount for the system error? I saw that the glitch will be resolved on Feb 6th. 

If you are a TurboTax employee, you should be advocating for some kind of rebate on all of us stuck worth this problem. TurboTax should have never allowed customers to continue with their CA state returns once they knew there was this glitch. I have been a long time customer with TT, but after this situation, I doubt I will ever use them again. Totally unprofessional, and for all the money they are profiting, they should at the very least clean up their customer service, which is totally useless. I can only thank myself for not falling into their "upgrade" traps. 

lastcode

I agree with those saying we should get some form of compensation. My CA return is pulling in the numbers wrong for my mortgage insurance premium and then throwing errors.  It will not let me correct it.  They have already taken my money so I also cannot delete the broken state filing.

I just loaded TT again a few minutes ago and it downloaded a CA update. I was able to file my CA return successfully so it appears they fixed this issue!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies