turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to handle multiple Wisconsin partnership composite tax returns

I'm a limited partner in two real estate partnerships that file composite returns for the investors.  I opted into the composite return, and then realized that I have income in WI from both partnerships.  I don't think WI allows an individual to be included in more than one composite return.  Since the composite returns are already filed and the partnership has already paid withholding/taxes due for my share of the source income, how do I handle this situation?  Do I file an individual return for WI and claim the withholding from both composite filings towards my taxes due?  How do I handle it in Turbotax?  Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You should probably contact the WI DOR for this issue or, alternatively, TurboTax Support.

WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Customer Service Bureau
PO Box 8949
Madison, WI 53708-8949
Phone: (608) 266-2772

TurboTax Support: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Wisconsin is one of the only states that doesn't allow you to be part of more than one Composite return, yet I am.  I'm not sure how to handle it.  Should I go ahead and file a nonresident tax return and use the amount the investment LPs paid on my behalf as the tax withholding?  Any Wisconsin tax experts out there??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies