turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get TurboTax corrected so it will let me complete my 2019 OH Tax return?

I verified my Ohio School District code but TurboTax won't accept it for e-filing. I am stuck in a circle of supplying the correct information moving on then being  returned to same page again to fix a non-error.

Thanks for any assistance...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

How do I get TurboTax corrected so it will let me complete my 2019 OH Tax return?

Go back into your state input section.

Click Edit under the section for the school district taxes.  Instead of typing your code in, try selecting the word school district in blue as shown in the sample below.  This may clear up the issue and allow you to proceed with your return.

OH school district

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your directions. I tried your method and discovered that my School District is missing from the list. I expect that is the coding  error  that causes my  manual addition to be rejected when  I  try to  send the  online  filing.

MT63
Returning Member

I am in the same situation that my school district/number is not listed in there. Can you please let me know how to proceed with next steps?

I’m trying to e-file online and it will not let me file them because I need a school district tax number and the town I live in does not have one. What can I do?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

What town are you speaking of?

same here. lakota lsd (butler co)

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

You could be having issue with school district taxes if you are located in a non-taxable district. If the district's income tax rate is 0.00%, it does not need to be filed. 

Please enter your address in The Ohio School District Tax Finder. If your school district is listed at a 0% tax rate, you do not have to file a school district return and should be removed from your state return. 

To remove a school district tax return, please follow these steps:

1. Open your tax return.
  2. Click on Tools.
  3. Click on Delete a Form
  4. Scroll down to your state forms and look for SD-100 and click Delete

@stephanierussell

@SleepyGirl2018

@MT63

thanks, that helped!

anjilopez

THANK YOU!!! 

This school district issue was driving me crazy! Didn't have a problem last year 2019.

In all the help nothing mentioned the ability to delete forms.. 
I've been doing my taxes here since about 2006... never seen that before!

I looked on help, tried live agent, and several other things before googling the answer to find you here! 

You guidance to find where to look to delete the SD-100 was AMAZING! 

I was worried I was going to have to print to send, but also get a refund for my efile. 

I had no idea that we could delete forms - you've introduced me to new functionality of turbo tax! 

Hope I remember this next year 🙂 !

des6

My school district is 2904 and turbo Tax has the incorrect county and I need to file.  A lot of errors 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

To change your school district, please follow the instructions below:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click on State on the left hand side.
  3. Click Edit next to Ohio.
  4. Continue through the state questions until you get to a page that is titled A few things before we wrap up your state taxes.
  5. Scroll down on this page until you see School District Taxes.
  6. Click on Revisit and follow the on-screen instructions. 
  7. Ensure you enter the correct school district number. 

@des6

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies