turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Eligible individuals can claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on their 2020 Form 1040 or 1040-SR even if you are not normally required to file tax returns but are eligible for the credit. For additional information, see IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief - Economic Impact Payments.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Wall93
Returning Member

Hi! So...what if I'm not getting this page when I do my taxes? It did not ask me if I got a check, but I do qualify as I got the first one.

It's there. Keep going.  When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any.  Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

Wall93
Returning Member

Hmm. I've gotten all the way to the end of filing my return, and it has yet to ask me.
I've also tried searching and jumping to the section, but it still doesn't ask me? It just jumps right to the "Federal Review" part. Is there any way I can manually claim the Recovery Rebate Credit?

I saw a post I can't find now that said to log out and clear your cache and history then log back in.  Well it is after the review part so try continue.

An employee said...

To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Enter the information in your return.
  2. Click Federal Review at the top of your screen. 
  3. On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  4. You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received
  5. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to.  This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.

Manage cookies